History of projects of the Berkeley Rotary Club

 

For over a century the members of Berkeley Rotary have contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of volunteer hands-on effort to programs and projects in Berkeley and worldwide.

Here are some highlights of our contributions over the last sixty years.
 

1955

 

 

International Peace Grove established in Tilden Regional Park District
1966

 

 

The Berkeley Art Center: Built and donated to the City
1996

 

 

YMCA of the Central Bay Area: donated $400,000 for construction of the downtown Berkeley facility
2000

 

 

Berkeley Public Library: donated $90,000 for construction
2001-present

 

 

Distribute hardcover, color-illustrated dictionaries to each 3rd grade student in the Berkeley public schools

 

2005-06

  Berkeley Marina's Shorebird Park: Donated funds and rebuilt the park to observe Rotary lnternational's Centennial year
2006-07   Hurricanes Katrina and Rita: Led national effort to raise money and donated over 5,000 hours in rebuilding New Orleans's (Warren Easton High School) most successful school serving minorities; Assisted storm survivors resettling in Berkeley; ran phone banks raising money for the Red Cross efforts


2013

  Berkeley Public Library: Funds for furnishings
Upcoming Speakers
Loading
Loading...
Loading...